Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Business Cycle

All large organizations go through cycles of growth and decline. My (soon to be ex) job is at an interesting point in that process at the moment. We're growing rapidly, but with all growth comes change. I'm going to law school, so I'm able to be a bit more dispassionate in my appraisal of the current situation. There seem to be quite a few "doom and gloom"ers, and a fair amount of people are jumping ship.

I've been with this company for nearly 6 years now (week and a half to go on that one), so I've seen quite a bit. I think the first "this ship is sinking" comment came back in 2004, and the boat still seems to be afloat. It's a very different looking boat, but the water is still on the outside.

We're having a big all hands meeting today at 3 and we'll see where things go from there.

Normally I wouldn't share stuff like this, cause honestly, who cares, but I realized that if the all hands meeting starts at 3 that will probably mean no other posts from me today. I have a few things I really want to talk about, so keep the faith alive that DA will have interesting content again. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment