Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Alea Iacta Est

They say that everyone who runs for President has at some point looked in the mirror and said, "I should be the most powerful person [edited for sexual equality] in the world." In my mind the equivalent statement for bloggers is, "My thoughts are worth sharing."

With that guiding principle in mind, I have brought Dragon Army into the world. I will share my thoughts on anything and everything that I find interesting, whether it be current events, sports, entertainment, or any of what I will broadly deem "Billy's Hobbies". I will write both long winded expositions and snarky quick hitters. The long term plan is to maintain this space as long as possible - we'll see how I do with that. Ideally I will post several times a day, but no promises.

The links sections will be very useful to see where I'm getting the material for my posts - they're my filter to what's going on in the world. As you can see, it's a pretty eclectic set of topics, but then I'm just that interesting of a person (riiiiiight). Expect a just-above-stream-of-conciousness level to my writing. I have never desired to be an English Major, so grammar will be spotty at best. In fact, I'm sure I've screwed up several things already. I love parenthetical asides (I like to think it's because I'm constantly finding relationships between and among my thoughts, its probably just that I'm lazy) so expect those too.

Finally, any introduction should really include a Crash Davis homage, so here's mine:

"I believe in the soul, the mind, the brain, the majesty of Mankind, good beer, cheap beer, that the novels of George R.R. Martin are the best currently being written (Finish the Book George!), I believe that the '91 Bulls would have beaten the '86 Celtics. I believe that there ought to be a Constitutional amendment banning idiots from voting (and astroturf). I believe in good game design, Platonism, self interest rightly understood, and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. Cya soon!"

1 comment:

  1. you dropped the designated hitter as a constitutional complaint? how dare you...

    ReplyDelete