Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A quick aside (or, notes on reading)

As I said in my first post, this blog is going to be written in stream of semi-stream-of-consciousness. I'll kinda-sorta-almost check for grammar, and I will run spell check. That said, I'm not an English major. I read old, dead, white guys and loved them for their ideas, not for the technical proficiency of their language. That idea is what will guide my posts. I will mistake its and it's. I will stop and think of my mother every time I write one or the other, but sometimes my brain gets ahead of my fingers and it's will replace its. I promise, if I stopped and thought about it I would get it right. But I don't want to stop and think about that. This is going to be fun for me, and no grammar nazi will take that away!

No comments:

Post a Comment