Monday, May 18, 2009

$50 BILLION!!!!

Based on my previous assertion that if and when the Lakers defeated the Rockets China would owe the United States the outstanding trade balance it looks like our country is $50B richer today than it was on Saturday. Pretty awesome, huh?

Seriously though, as I stated in the initial post about Rick Adelman's snake-bit history against Phil Jackson I wasn't sure what the precipitating cause of the Rockets' defeat would be, just that I knew they would lose. Well as the post game 6 articles will show, it really wasn't that Phil out coached Adelman. Rather, as the case seems to be in virtually every situation a combination of superior talent and just plain bad luck conspired against Mr. Adelman.

As I'm want to tell anyone who will listen, you should never take betting advice from me. That said, I would qualify this particular situation by pointing out that it really wasn't a bet. It was a sure thing. And if we've learned anything over the past few years, it's that sure things should always be cashed in on.

Predictions for NBA conference finals - Lakers in 6, Cavs in 4; Cavs in 5 in finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment