Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grab Bag

I'm going to see Terminator tonight. I already saw Star Trek and Wolverine. There are about 6 more movies on the list that I need to see this summer. Expect a full blown summer movie post tomorrow.

Until then, thoughts on basketball. If I had to guess before the game ones which favorite would lose I definitely would have gone with the Lakers. Instead they won by two and the Cavs lost by one. Odd. I'm revising my estimates and going with two 6 game series that should be pretty enjoyable to watch. Still banking on a Lakers-Cavs final. Between David Stern and the Nike-Muppets commercial the fix is in.

Finally, a teaser paragraph for a later post. After the TNT guys did their all time starting 5 my dad and I picked top 10 teams, alternating picks. Dad got Bird and 1st pick, I got MJ and 2nd. The teams broke out as follows:

Dad: Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Jabaar, Big O, Wes Unseld, Malone, Isiah, Wilt and.... I'm forgetting the 10th
Me: MJ, Duncan, Russel, David Thompson, Jerry West, Bill Walton, Scottie, LeBron, CP3, John Stockton

It's a fun game to play and you really can't go wrong doing it. Anyway, that's fodder for a more full post at some time in the future.

Oh, and I'm currently 3-3 in my 40k League. I feel like I'm getting the hang of my new army, but am very much looking forward to next month's version. So much more versatility, wayy better speed and much better ability to deal with the abundance of mech lists out there.

Any and all thoughts about any and all topics much appreciated in the comments field.

No comments:

Post a Comment